Mindme Locate (US Customers)
Mindme Locate specially designed for people with dementia or learning difficulties
Mindme Locate has been designed to find people who wander because they have dementia or learning difficulties.
The design is simple, with no confusing lights or buttons. It is small and light and it can be carried as a key fob, worn as a pendant or even put in a pocket or bag. The device will operate up to 48 hours between battery charges.
Carergivers can look up the location of the user on Mindme’s website at any time, and as often as they wish. They can also look up the history of where they were today or going back 28 days.
Mindme Locate uses satellites to determine the location of the user which makes it accurate to about 10 metres when outside. Because Locate reports its location around every 4 minutes, even if the wearer is out of ‘sight’ of the satellites - in a large tall building for example - its last known location should be a good indication of the building the user is in.
GPS isn’t designed to work indoors but sometimes it will work because it’s near a window or the building is, say, a single storey with a tiled or felt roof.
Mindme Locate uses the mobile phone network to transmit its data. If there is no network availability then the device will be unable to send the data but it will record and store it and then send it when it next connects to the network.
Mindme Locate is the UK’s leading device for finding people with dementia or learning difficulties. A UK Police Force gives it to a person with dementia who has wandered off and could only be found with its assistance.
Mindme gives caregivers peace of mind and users more freedom.
Features of Mindme Locate
- Measures 60mm x 44mm (widest point) x 14mm and weighs 40 grams (That’s about the size of a car key fob)
- Uses GPS to work out its location - accurate to around 10 metres outdoors
- Fitted with a multi-network SIM chip - if a network is available then Locate will remain connected
- Locations are updated around every 4 minutes on Mindme’s website and Carergivers can see the last known location online whenever and as often as they wish
- Battery lasts up to 48 hours.
- Mindme Locate has a ‘drop in’ charging unit which makes charging easy. Takes around 3.5 hours to charge
- A warning email can be sent when the battery is down to around 10% capacity
- Ring fence option available - the alarm will be tripped if the user moves outside pre-set locations and the Caregiver will receive a text alert or email warning
- No minimum term contract. You pay your subscription for a quarter in advance
- If it’s not suitable you can return it within 28 days of its receipt and so long as it’s not damaged or marked we’ll refund your payment (but not the return delivery cost).