Mindme Alarm A versatile GPS alarm for anyone and everyone
Mindme Alarm is a small personal alarm backed by Mindme’s 24/7 Response Centre and is suitable for anyone who spends time alone - at home, at work or out and about.
The device incorporates GPS and uses the mobile phone network to send Mindme’s Response Centre an accurate location and allows two-way conversation. Mindme also has the latest GPRS technology and a multi-network SIM is used to ensure that so long as a mobile network exists the device will always stay connected.
When you activate the alarm an operator in Mindme’s Response Centre will answer the call. Your location will appear on their monitor and you can talk to them. The operators are highly trained and experienced in answering calls for help from people who have had an accident, feel unwell or otherwise need help.
Providing the device is outside or near a window, Mindme’s GPS will ensure the location is accurate to around 10 metres. However, because Mindme reports its location around every 3 minutes, even if the user is out of ‘sight’ of the satellites - in a large building for example - Mindme software can give a very good indication of your location even if you are inside. When stationary the Alarm reports its location every 10 minutes.
Mindme’s Response Centre is operated by Chichester Careline which has been established for 25 years and is trusted and respected by all the emergency services. You choose what personal information you give the Response Centre together with next of kin and contact details which may be needed in an emergency. You can change your personal details at any time.
Mindme is about the size of an electronic car key and can be worn as a pendant, a key fob or in a pocket. It is neat, discreet and very easy to use.
Features of Mindme Alarm
- Measures 60mm x 44mm (widest point) x 14mm and weighs 40 grams
- Uses a multi-network SIM chip (instead of a SIM card) - so long as a mobile network exists the device will remain connected
- Uses GPS to work out its location - accurate to about 10 metres
- Sends location to Mindme secure servers around every 3 minutes. 10 minutes when stationary
- Press the button and using GPRS the alarm connects quickly to Mindme’s 24/7 Response Centre
- Two-way voice communication ensures the right help is available quickly
- Battery lasts up to 48 hours
- Simple to use charging unit with no fiddly connections
- System sends e-mail when battery is down to 10% capacity
- Ring fence option available – alarm will be tripped if user moves outside pre-set locations